Our Do-Jang was established in 1993 by Master Roseanne M. Insler ("Master Ro"), and has been a popular and dynamic program at the Fair Lawn Community School from the start.
Our school is professional and competitive, offering everything you would want from a martial arts school.
Our "official" Do-Jang is in a public school gym, allowing plenty of room to accommodate dozens of students, though we like to keep our classes small and manageable. We usually have a minimum of 6 students to no more than 16 students per class, with two or more instructors in the larger groups.
We offer Taekwondo training for adults and children ages 4 and up. Our unique style combines modern and traditional Taekwondo, along with a smattering of several martial arts disciplines which we add to our self-defense techniques. In addition, we also offer semi-annual Self-Defense classes for teens and adults age 14 & up, as well as private lessons, self-defense seminars and parties for all ages.
Our Instructors and Assistant Instructors are highly experienced and qualified professionals who are dedicated, patient and caring. All of us do our best to work with each individual's capabilities or limitations. We provide a disciplined yet nurturing atmosphere for our younger students, as well as a challenging and competitive one for our preteen, teen and adult students.
We do our best to make everyone feel confident and self-assured. We teach each individual - not just the entire class - and we make sure that everyone can achieve success. We take pride in our students' accomplishments and in knowing that we help them to achieve the confidence and the self-discipline of mind, body and spirit that they need to succeed in life.
We have earned a commendable reputation in the martial arts and in our community for over two decades; we would love for you to come and visit our Do-Jang and see what we are all about in person.
Let us show you the path to self-improvement that will allow you to achieve and the goal-setting determination that you need to succeed!
Key points to consider if you're thinking to join:
· We are a traditional martial arts school with traditional martial arts ethics and values.
· We have qualified, caring and dedicated instructors who treat students with patience and respect.
· Our Instructors and Assistant Instructors must have at least 6 years and 4 years of training, respectively.
· We do our best to work with the individual's capabilities and physical limitations.
· We provide a disciplined yet nurturing atmosphere for our younger students, and a challenging, competitive one for our teen and adult students
· We do not require contracts or long-term commitments.
· We have reasonable tuition and test fees.
· We expect our students to earn their rank belts and to be ready to move up to the next level.
· We work hard in aiding our students to achieve the self-discipline of mind, body and spirit needed to succeed.
We offer a safe,
monitored environment in a secured building (located in the Thomas Edison
School Gym at
· Our instructors and Black Belts are required to be certified in CPR and Basic First Aid.
· We take pride in having earned a commendable reputation in the martial arts and in our community!
· Join our Taekwondo family and you'll always have a place where you'll feel safe and at home!