INTERMEDIATE AND ADVANCED TAEKWONDO
- Intermediate and Advanced Classes for Green Belt up to Black Belt are available for adults and children after completion of our Beginner/Novice program. We offer afternoon and evening classes; students may enroll up to three days per week. To achieve optimum training results, we recommend that students attend classes at least two days per week.
- Intermediate and Advanced Ranks may, at times, be combined in the same class, depending on the number of students (or ranks) enrolled. We usually have one Master Instructor and at least one Assistant Instructor in each class, which allows us to divide the groups during any given class, when necessary.
- Intermediate and Advanced Curriculum - Adding on to our Beginner/Novice curriculum, the Intermediate and Advanced curriculum continues with an increased intensity in training, discipline and commitment, focusing primarily on self-defense. Students are gradually introduced to a more rigorous training program that includes counter-attacks, evasive tactics and fighting techniques, all designed to improve confidence and “street smarts”. With continued commitment and dedication to training, students move up through the Intermediate and Advanced Programs to eventually attain Black Belt status.
- Uniforms (Do-Bak) are mandatory for all students, from 2nd High White Belt and up. Intermediate Students must wear their complete Do-Bak, which consists of White jacket and pants, Black School Shirt, School Patch and Rank Belt. Advanced Students, Red Belt and up, may wear either a White or Black Do-Bak, with Black School Shirt, School Patch and Rank Belt. Black Belts may wear a White, Black or Blue uniform, or approved Demo Team uniform, with a Black or Red School Shirt.
- Sparring Equipment is required for all students after Second High White Belt. All our Novice and Intermediate ranks participate in light body contact with protective gear. Intermediate and Advanced ranks participate in moderate to heavy body contact, without facial contact, and therefore must have the following mandatory protective gear: 1) Head Guard, 2) Mouth Guard, 3) Foot Guards, 4) Shin Guards, 5) Safety Gloves, and 6) Groin Guard (for males). Chest and forearm guards are optional. Sparring Gear, Do-Baks and other apparel are available from our school at discounted prices.
- Belt Tests become increasingly more difficult with each level and will therefore require more time to prepare for them. As always, students will only be promoted if they are ready and able to move up to the next level. The Instructors will notify students of their eligibility for promotion prior to the next available test date.
- Tournament participation is a mandatory requirement for all Intermediate and Advanced students because it is an important and integral part of training. Since participants benefit tremendously from the tournament experience, it is important that our Intermediate and Advanced students attend at least one tournament per year. Otherwise, they may risk being passed up for promotion until they have met their tournament commitment.
Thank you for your interest in our school – if you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.